Wednesday 16 May 2012

Bold lips (for a good cause): Neon Pink!

I sure am productive at blogging when there's nothing else to do. I envy people who do this for a living, makeup blogging is awesome. If working at a magazine is half as fun as this, maybe I won't hate being a journalist despite the 5837429 lists that rank it as a terrible job.
Oh well, least I'll have a BJ after graduation and that's something (my degree is called a "Bachelor of Journalism" or a "BJ"- that's just beautiful isn't it?)

Anyway, on to the makeup!
I have another bold lip post for you today and this one is close to my heart for two reasons. 
The first being that I used the Viva Glam Nicki lipstick and I love Nicki Minaj so very much. 
Why? She's bold, independent, outspoken, confident and she's also making a name for herself in an extremely male dominated industry. Not to mention she rocks the most gorgeous, outrageous makeup I've seen on a celeb in a long time, and she makes it look damn good.
The second reason is that her lipstick is part of the Viva Glam program at MAC, which if you don't know is a really great charity that benefits men, women and children directly affected by HIV/AIDS. What I especially love about the program is that every cent of the purchase price of a Viva Glam lipstick or lip gloss goes straight to helping someone affected with HIV/AIDS. That means every cent of the price you pay goes towards helping someone, not just the profits from your purchase. I really love this campaign and I think it's one of the great things about MAC. 
If you'd like to learn more about the MAC Viva Glam program or buy something you can go the MAC AIDS fund website

When I heard Nicki Minaj was coming out with a Viva Glam colour (Cyndi Lauper and Lady Gaga are just two of the other celebs who've done MAC Viva Glam collaborations) I knew it was going to be AWESOME and I was first in line (literally) to get it. 

Is it sad that I'm super excited to have something she kind-of signed but not really? 




I promise you the picture does not do this justice. This is absolutely the brightest, neon pink lipstick I own or have even seen. It's SO  pretty and very on trend because neon is very popular for this summer, or so I hear. Fashion escapes me a lot, mostly because I'm too busy looking at lipsticks... 



I can't lie, this would be hard to wear. It's very bright and it's somewhat matte as well, so if your lips aren't in the best condition it will definitely show. But I find it you tap it on your lips and blend it in instead of swiping it on, you can get a much softer colour that's easier to work with. Also a lip liner will help to stop the colour from smudging, bleeding outside the lip line or making your lips look too dry. And hey, even if you never wear it, don't forget the money goes to a good cause! 



Just a Few Things...
  • I haven't done one of these in a while so I thought I'd add it in!
  • Writing this post makes me realize I should actually wear this lipstick sometime soon. I quite enjoy it.
  • Two more posts are already photographed. Another lip look and a skin care review. I'm quite excited about both!
  • I have some makeup coming to me from TheBalm, maybe I'll review it. It's supposed to be very good stuff. It's on sale on Hautelook right now (which is a flash sale site where you can get stuff 50-80% off) here's a link in case you're interested:  http://www.hautelook.com/short/3Ee0i
  • Jon (the boyfriend) is in California. Don't expect this level of blogging when he gets back.
  • I miss my friends from J-school desperately. Especially the ones who went far away. 


Hope you guys enjoyed this post and as always thanks for reading!
-Tash<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment